Fluffy Pancake RecipeBejouled News
Since it’s Pancake Tuesday we couldn’t not share a super easy recipe for you to try. So if you missed out on your sweet treat this morning raid your cupboards and try this scrumptious recipe!
– 135g plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 tbsp caster sugar
– 130ml milk
– 1 large egg, lightly beaten
– 2 tbsp melted butter (allowed to cool slightly) or olive oil, plus extra for cooking
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing.
4. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm thick.
6. Repeat until all the batter is used up. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven, but they taste best fresh out the pan.
7. Serve with lashings of real maple syrup or classic Nutella.
This recipe was taken from BBC Food.
If you try this recipe for super fluffly pancakes take a picture and tag us! Have a wonderful pancake day from all of us at Bejouled!
Check out our other posts!