6 New Engagement ring trends for 2023
Picking the right engagement ring can be one of the most challenging decisions a person can make. Not only does it need to celebrate the love you share with another, but you also want it to stand out. Staying up to date with trends and remaining timeless at the same time can be tricky. With so much to consider, it can often be an arduous process, but we are here to help. Throughout this article, we will show you 6 of the top engagement ring trends for 2023 while giving you some pointers on making sure it will still look fantastic in decades to come. We will look at the cuts, stones, metals, and styles that will be popular throughout the upcoming year to help you make those all-important decisions.
Marquise cut rings
The Marquise cut is growing ever popular and is widely referred to as a modern classic. The diamond is cut into a bold, long, narrow shape with pointed ends on either side. Here are some reasons why this cut is becoming very fashionable.
- Firstly, this cut is one of the most affordable diamond shapes, so it is less likely to break the bank.
- The cut of the diamond emphasises the stone and makes it appear more significant than other cuts with similar carat weight.
- The shape of the stone will make the wearer’s fingers appear longer and slimmer
- This cut works incredibly on a solitaire engagement ring, drawing all focus to the diamond and giving it a great vintage look.
Rose gold rings
When browsing for the perfect stone, the metal of a ring can often be overlooked, but in reality, it is equally as important. We have seen ups and downs in the popularity of Gold, Silver, and Platinum, but we have now approached the era of rose gold. This warm red-tone metal has an elegant look, and its timeless beauty will carry through the ages.
- One brilliant thing about rose gold, it does not tarnish and is more durable than yellow or white gold.
- It has a vintage look and contrasts beautifully with the most popular stones.
- Its unique tone symbolises style, affluence, and elegance.
- No other metal carries romantic connotations than rose gold.
Sustainable diamond rings
It wouldn’t be right to talk about trends in 2023 without a more sustainable option. Sustainable stones such as moissanite have been around for some time, but trending right now is a green alternative to mined diamonds, lab-grown diamonds. As bizarre as it sounds, lab-grown diamonds are in high demand around the globe, and this is why.
- They are in every way identical to any other diamond.
- They are produced in a lab, which means they are more sustainable and carbon-free, taking away any possible negligence of human welfare.
- They are not cheap but often cost 20-40% less than a regular diamond.
- They have a greater purity with an improvement in quality.
Mixing colourful gemstones such as emerald, ruby, or sapphire with a diamond has been around for a long time. However, we have seen a considerable rise in demand in recent years, and the popularity is still growing. It is a great idea to mix it up if you want something to stand out; here are some fantastic ideas we have seen so far.
- Two pear-cut diamonds on either side of a centre ruby bring out the gemstone’s fire and create an eye-catching and dazzling ring.
- A halo of sapphires will create a vivid, crisp appearance to your shimmering diamond.
- Aquamarine haloed by diamonds will create a calm and cooling mood as you gaze into its sea-like features.
Oval cut rings
Oval cut rings are making a comeback, and we love it. Oval rings have long represented individuality and are often for the bride or groom who wants to stand out while remaining traditional.
- Oval cut rings originally represent family, which is what your vows will be creating on that special day.
- The shape creates a more prominent appearance than other cuts.
- They make the fingers appear thinner due to their long shape.
- Oval cuts are one of the shiniest diamond cuts.
- Having no sharp corners can be beneficial if you don’t like to take your engagement ring off.
- Oval cuts look incredible in both solitaire and halo designs.
Emerald cut rings
Doing the rounds again is the emerald-cut diamond engagement ring. This classic cut diamond maintains a timeless beauty with its elegant yet bold shape. If you’re looking for something simplistic with a vintage look, the emerald cut might be the right thing to celebrate your love.
- Emerald cut diamonds usually come at a lower price while giving the stone a much larger appearance.
- They are one of the easiest-to-find shapes, so you will have many choices if this is the one for you.
- Due to its step-cut facets, the emerald cut gives the diamond exceptional clarity.
Have you been inspired?
Hopefully, with our list of trending engagement rings, you will better understand the brilliant variety out there. If you want to peruse through some available engagement rings, take a look at our beautiful selection of cuts, styles, stones, and metals. Also, if this article has inspired any great ideas, and you would like to discuss them with jewellers specialising in engagement rings then get in touch. We would love to hear about them and help you make the perfect engagement ring for you.